Looking for new recipe ideas to serve your vegan friends? Try this easy to make okra curry soup recipe at home.
- Sunflower oil - 40 ml
- Onion - 1, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Ginger - 2 1/2 cm fresh root, peeled and minced
- Cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- Coriander - 3 tsp, ground
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp, caster
- Okra - 350 g, tops removed
- Tomato - 3, deseeded and chopped
- Water - 250 ml
- Coconut milk - 250 ml, light
- Preparation time - 15 m
- Cooking time - 45 m
- Recipe category - First course
- Recipe yield - 4
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS OKRA CURRY
Heat the sunflower oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat until hot.
Sweat the onion, garlic and ginger for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until they start to soften.
Add the ground spices, turmeric, chilli powder, caster sugar and some seasoning to the dish and stir well.
Cook for a further minute, stirring occasionally, then add the whole okra and chopped tomatoes, stirring well to combine.
Cover with the water and coconut milk, stir, then bring the mixture to a simmer.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the okra is soft and tender.
Adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Serve the okra curry in bowls.
Post a Comment