50 Top Pizza 2018: the International Winners
50 TOP PIZZA 2018: THE INTERNATIONAL WINNERS
The second annual 50 Top Pizza awards was held on 24 July in Naples, with pizza master Franco Pepe and his Pepe in Grani restaurant in Caiazzo topping the list of the 50 best pizzerias in Italyfor a second time.
The list, which is actually 150-pizzerias strong, is voted for by 100 anonymous inspectors who judge pizzerias on quality, service, drinks, research, and interiors. Best Pizzaiolo was awarded to Simone Padoan of The Tigli in Verona.
But don't worry if you can't get to Italy any time soon to work your way through the list: 50 Best Pizza also gave out eight international awards, including for best Neapolitan-style pizza outside Italy.
Take a look at the international award winners below.
- New York-Style: Patsy's Pizzeria, New York
- Chicago-Style: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Chicago
- Best Pizzeria Oceania: 400 Degrees, Melbourne
- Best Pizzeria Asia: Ciak Concept, Hong Kong
- Best Pizzeria North Europe: Pizzeria Luca, Helsinki
- Best Pizzeria Japan: From Isa, Tokyo
- Best Pizzeria South America: Pizzeria Guerrin, Buenos Aires
- Best Neapolitan-Style Outside Italy: Spaccanapoli, Chicago