Britain's Best Pub Revealed
BRITAIN'S BEST PUBS REVEALED
PHOTO THE WHITE HORSE
Britain's best pubs have been named at the annual National Pub and Bar Awards, with The White Horse in Chilgrove, West Sussex in England chosen as Britain's Best Pub for 2018.
The pub/bed and breakfast is nestled at the bottom of the picturesque South Downs, close to the famous Goodwood estate, and serves a menu of British pub classics, such as game pie, fish and chips and steaks.
The White Horse beat 93 of Britain's best pubs to the title, which was revealed at a ceremony in London. It also won Best Pub in the South East. Other notable awards on the night included Pub Chef of the Year, which was given to James Graham, executive chef at The Pointer in Brill, which is Michelin's current UK Pub of the Year. The Half Moon in Herne Hill was named London's best pub.
See all the regional winners at the National Pub and Bar Awards 2018 below.
BRITAIN'S BEST PUBS
- East Midlands – The Railway at Lowdham
- East of England – The White Horse, Brancaster Staithe
- London – The Half Moon, Herne Hill
- North East – The South Causey Inn
- North West – The Church Inn, Mobberley
- Northern Ireland – Walled City Brewery
- North West Scotland – The Plockton Hotel
- North East Scotland – The Old Mill Inn, Pitlochry
- South East Scotland – Innis & Gunn Beer Kitchen
- South West Scotland – WEST On The Green
- South East – The White Horse, Chilgrove
- South West – Port Gaverne Hotel
- Wales – The Bull, Beaumaris
- West Midlands – The Fitzherbert Arms
- Yorkshire and the Humber – The Botanist, Sheffield