Pumpkin, gorgonzola and rocket pizza
PUMPKIN, GORGONZOLA AND ROCKET PIZZA
Looking for new treats? Try this easy pizza topped with Pumpkin, gorgonzola and rocket. Perfect for a brunch!
Flour - 200 g, white bread, strong
Yeast - 1/2 tsp, easy blend, dried
Sugar - 1 tsp caster (superfine)
Salt - 1/2 tsp, sea
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Butternut squash - 1/4, peeled, seeded and sliced
Gorgonzola - 100 g, dolce
Honey - 1 tbsp
Walnuts - 50 g, chopped
Rocket - 1 handful (arugula)
Walnut oil - for drizzling
Preparation time - 2 h 15 m
Cooking time - 45 m
Recipe category - Brunch
Recipe yield - 1
- Mix the flour with the yeast, sugar and salt.
- Stir the oil into 140 ml of warm water, then stir it into the flour to form a dough.
- Knead on a lightly oiled surface for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Leave the dough to rest covered with oiled clingfilm for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200 fan) | 425°F | gas 7 and put a baking tray in to heat.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes then roll out into a circle and transfer to a sheet of oiled baking parchment
- Spread the base with Gorgonzola and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the squash for 8 minutes or until tender to the point of a knife.
- Arrange the squash on top of the pizza and drizzle with honey.
- Use the baking parchment to transfer the pizza to the preheated baking tray and bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
- The pizza is ready when the base is cooked through underneath and the cheese is bubbling in the centre.
- Top the pizza with walnuts and rocket, then drizzle over a little walnut oil and sprinkle with black pepper.