Bonjour Anchoiade! Learn How To Make This Tasty French Dip
BONJOUR ANCHOIADE! LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY FRENCH DIP
Hummus, baba ganousch, spinach dip...we love getting creative with colorful dips from around the world. If you are longing for a French-inspired dip then look no further than anchoiade, which comes to us from the South of France.
Learn how to prepare a traditional recipe for anchoiade. It is great with bread and crudité which makes it ideal for cocktail parties. Plus, it comes together in no time. Let's get started!
ANCHOIADE, WHAT IS IT?
Anchoiade is a traditional recipe from Provence made from anchovies. It is spread on bread as an appetizer in the summer but it can also be served with crudités. It can also be served hot in winter, like sauce for example.
The other ingredients of traditional anchoïade are olive oil and garlic. Some recipes even call for capers and egg yolks.
This dip is very similar to the Northern Italian bagna cauda.
TRADITIONAL ANCHOIADE RECIPE: INGREDIENTSTo prepare a traditional anchoiade for 4 people you will need:
30 anchovies in oil
15 cl (13.5 oz) of olive oil
2 cloves garlic
TRADITIONAL ANCHOIADE RECIPE: PREPARATION
1. Begin by draining the anchovies by placing them on paper towels.
2. Peel the cloves of garlic, cut in half and remove the stem.
3. Mix the cloves of garlic and anchovies in a food processor or with an immersion blender while pouring the olive oil as you go.
4. Correct the seasoning if necessary.
5. Keep cool until ready to serve. Serve with a little toast, crudités or breadsticks.
Need to see it in action? Check out this quick video quick to anchoiade: