CANDIED CHERRIES IN SYRUP
This easy two-ingredient recipe yields delicious candied cherries that you can use to decorate your favorite baked goods. The syrup is simply delightful!
HOW TO PRESERVE CHERRIES IN SYRUP
1. Wash and dry the cherries thoroughly.
2. Remove the stems and pits and place them in a container as wide as possible. Pour the sugar over the cherries, cover the container with a cloth and let it rest overnight.
3. The next day strain the cherries. Pour the juice into a saucepan over medium heat until a light foam appears on the surface.
4. At this point pour the still warm juice on the cherries. Cover the container containing the cherries again with the tea towel and let it rest for another night. Repeat for a second time.
5. Pour the mixture into already sterilized jars, paying maximum attention that the syrup completely covers all the cherries.
6. Firmly tighten the airtight seal, turn the jars over and let them cool.