4 STUNNING APPETISER RECIPES FROM MICHELIN-STARRED CHEFS
Food on the Edge, the annual food symposium held in Galway, Ireland, will take ‘Conversations’ as one of its main themes at its forthcoming fourth edition, due to be held at the city’s Bailey Allen Hall at the National University of Ireland on 22-23 October 2018.
The event will focus on conversations between peers, mentors and of course over the dinner table. This will sit alongside the usual topics of products, sustainability and how to feed the world.
The event this year is dedicated to the memory of the late Anthony Bourdain.
Launching Food on the Edge 2018 at Albert Adrià’s Hoja Santa restaurant in Barcelona, organiser JP McMahon said the theme of mental health had become a key topic at last year’s event and he hoped the dedication to Bourdain, would help highlight the issue further.
Left to right: Paco Méndez (Hoja Santa), Albert Adrià, JP McMahon, Quique Dacosta, Eduard Xatruch
Guests at the launch were treated to high grade snacks from Adrià and McMahon himself, as well as chefs Quique Dacosta and Eduard Xatruch of Barcelona’s Disfrutar restaurant, the recipes for which you can see below.
FOIE GRAS AND CORN TATIN BY EDUARD XATRUCH
OYSTER, SEAWOOD AND RAMSONS BY JPMCMAHON
TEQUILA CLOUD BY ALBERT ADRIÀ
DRIED TOMATO AND RICE VINEGAR BY QUIQUE DACOSTA
FOOD ON THE EDGE 2018 LINE-UP
This year’s line-up is as impressive as ever, with some of the world’s top chefs and food leaders heading to Ireland’s West Coast, including the likes of Ana Roš (Hiša Franko), Andoni Luis Aduriz (Mugaritz), Dan Hunter (Brae) and Vladimir Mukhin (White Rabbit).
Early bird tickets covering the two days are available until the 31 August, priced at €300. These are the names confirmed so far:
- Ana Roš, Hiša Franko, Kobarid
- Andoni Luis Aduriz , Mugaritz, San Sebastián
- Andy McFadden, Glover's Alley, Dublin
- Albert Adrià, el Barri group, Barcelona
- Carri Thurman & Sharon Roufa, Two Sisters Bakery, Homer
- Dan Hunter, Brae, Birregurra
- Emma Bengtsson, Aquavit, New York
- Esben Holmboe Bang, Maaemo, Oslo
- Helena Puolakka, Aster, London
- Jorge Vallejo, Quintonil, Mexico City
- Joshna Maharaj, Toronto
- Kemal Demirasal, Alancha, Istanbul
- Lauren Singer, Trash Is For Tossers, New York
- Leonor Espinosa, Leo, Bogotá
- Matt Orlando, Amass, Copenhagen
- Neven Maguire, MacNean House & Restaurant, Toam
- Nicolai Ellitsgaard Pedersen, Under, Norway
- Norbert Niederkofler, St. Hubertus, San Cassiano
- Paul Ivic, Tian, Vienna
- Sasu Laukkonen, Ora, Helsinki
- Sat Bains, Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham
- Skye Gyngell, Spring Restaurant at Somerset House, London
Vladimir Mukhin, White Rabbit, Moscow.