YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE FOR LEMON AND GINGER MARMALADE
Want a breakfast with a twist? Then make yourself a batch of this lemon and ginger marmalade, perfect for spreading on bread but also ideal for making desserts or pairing with cheese.
Its scent is really incredible. One taste and you'll be hooked!
LEMON AND GINGER MARMALADE: THE INGREDIENTS
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Organic lemons
- 400 g (14 oz) sugar
- 1 or 2 tsp powdered or grated ginger
1. Wash the lemons, dry them well and cut them into slices as thin as possible, being careful to eliminate the seeds. Then chop them up to obtain a mush. Place the chopped lemons in a tall, rather large pot. Cover with water to the brim and leave to steep for a day.
2. Drain the water in which the lemons were soaked, add fresh water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes. Drain the lemons, add all the sugar and ginger, leaving to macerate for an hour.
3. Put two fingers of water and cook the marmalade on low heat for an hour. Add water if the mixture is too dry during cooking.
4. Towards the end of cooking, blend the marmalade, making sure to leave some pieces of fruit intact: the jam will gain its consistency and final flavor. If you do not intend to consume the jam jar in a short time, remember to keep the contents vacuum-packed (following these tips for canning).