HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS IN A PAN: 3 CHEF-APPROVED RECIPES AND TIPS
The secret to cooking scallops in a pan is to give them a nice sear. That beautiful golden crust with a slight crunch that takes scallops to a whole new level of deliciousness.
So what's the best way to obtain great results? We share our tips and tricks as well as recipes from chefs around the world so you can cook scallops like a pro.
HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS IN A PAN
This method works for any quantity of scallops cooked in a pan:
1. Pat the scallops dry with a towel. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Warm a pan on medium-high. Add oil and let it heat up.
3. Place the scallops in the pan and, most importantly, do not move them! You'll be tempted to move them but, trust us, you'll only interfere with that great sear.
4. The scallops will be ready to flip over when they loosen up (about 2-3 minutes). Once you turn them you'll see that beautiful golden color and you'll know you did your job right.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the center is no longer translucent. Serve immediately. Accompany with butter and lemon wedges, if desired.
HOW CHEFS COOK SCALLOPS IN A PAN: MUST-TRY RECIPES!
First up we have a fantastic scallop recipe from famed New York chef Michael White. He pairsseared scallops with a butternut squash caponata that is to die for.
Learn how to make this scallop recipe now.
This creative recipe from chef JP McMahon pairs pan-seared scallops with leeks, wild garlic, steamed mussels and a fragrant buttermilk sauce.
Click here to get this amazing recipe now.
If you are searching for a truly decadent dish look no further than this exquisite recipe for seared scallops topped with osetra caviar served over potato mousseline.
Learn how to make this exclusive dish.