Food on the Edge 2018 Announces World Class Chef Speakers
FOOD ON THE EDGE 2018 ANNOUNCES WORLD CLASS CHEF SPEAKERS
Food on the Edge, the global food symposium, returns to Galway for a fourth consecutive year on the 22 and 23 October, at the Bailey Allen Hall in the National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG), with exciting news of this edition's impressive speaker list.
A line-up of world class chefs, from Spanish chef Albert Adria to Moscow's Vladimir Mukhin, are promised to take to the stage over the two-days to present and debate on this year's themes of "conversations, food education, food waste and action and reaction."
Judging by the success of previous years, the creative sparks are sure to fly in what has been described by the World's Best Female Chef 2017 , and returning chef speaker, Ana Ros as the "most inspiring" event she has ever attended.
Here's a taste of what's gone before:
Breathtaking Ireland and Irish Food Culture from Food On The Edge on Vimeo.
JP McMahon, founder-director of Food On The Edge, said, "Our speakers are chosen for their talent and commitment to changing how we eat and cook our food now. It's going to be another great line-up.”
Early Bird Tickets with entry to both days can be bought at a reduced rate of €300 (Student Early Bird costs €250) until 31 August. For more information see www.foodontheedge.ie.
#FOTE2018 THE SPEAKERS (CONFIRMED SO FAR)
- Albert Adria, Tickets, Barcelona
- Ana Roš, Hiša Franko, Slovenia
- Andoni Luis Aduriz, Mugaritz, San Sebastian
- Carri Thurman & Sharon Roufa, Two Sisters Bakery, Homer, Alaska
- Emma Bengtsson, Aquavit, NYC
- Enrique Olvera, Pujol, Mexico City
- Helena Puolakka, Aster, London
- Jorge Vallejo, Quintonil, Mexico City
- Joshna Maharaj, chef | speaker | activist, Toronto
- Kemal Demirasal, Alancha, Istanbul
- Lauren Singer, Trash Is For Tossers, New York City
- Leonor Espinosa, Restaurant Leo, Bogota, Colombia
- Matt Orlando, Amass, Copenhagen
- Nicolai Ellitsgaard Pedersen, Under, Norway
- Paul Ivic, Tian, Vienna
- Sasu Laukkonen, Ora, Helsinki
- Sat Bains, Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham
- Skye Gyngell, Spring Restaurant, London
- Vladimir Mukhin, White Rabbit, Moscow