SOUTH AFRICA'S EAT OUT AWARDS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN CAPE TOWN
PHOTO ANELDE GREEFF
South Africa’s leading lights in the restaurant world will be honoured at the 2017 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards on Sunday, 19 November at Grand West in Cape Town.
The Top 10 restaurants will be revealed in the Acqua Panna and S.Pellegrino sponsored oscar style ceremony with an exciting countdown from the top 20 places.
Each shortlisted restaurant was judged by a team of experts who remained anonymous throughout the process and made their decision based on three criteria, namely: Menu, service and ambience.
Last year The Test Kitchen took the top spot with UK born chef Luke Dale-Roberts at the helm, La Colombe restaurant, also located in Cape Town came second and The Restaurant at Waterkloof with chef Gregory Czarnecki was a close third. Who will snag this year's top spots?
While the tickets to attend the ceremony have sold out you can still put your name on the waiting list by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thirty restaurants have been nominated so far- here's the list below in no particular order. Check back with us later in the month to find out this year's top 10.
HERE ARE THE NOMINEES:
- Camphors at Vergelegen (Somerset West)
- Chefs Warehouse & Canteen (Bree Street)
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia (Constantia)
- DW Eleven-13 (Dunkeld West)
- FABER (Paarl)
- Fermier Restaurant (The Willows)
- Foliage (Franschhoek)
- Foxcroft (Constantia)
- Greenhouse at The Cellars-Hohenort (Constantia)
- Hartford House (Mooi River)
- Indochine (Delaire Graff Estate, Stellenbosch)
- Jardine Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- Jordan Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- La Colombe (Constantia Nek)
- La Mouette (Sea Point)
- La Tête (Cape Town CBD)
- Luke Dale-Roberts X The Saxon (Sandhurst, Sandton)
- Makaron Restaurant (Stellenbosch)
- Marble (Rosebank)
- Mulberry & Prince (Cape Town CBD)
- Overture (Stellenbosch)
- The Pot Luck Club (Woodstock)
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof (Somerset West)
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Elandsfontein)
- The Shortmarket Club (Cape Town CBD)
- Springfontein Eats (Stanford)
- Terroir (Stellenbosch)
- The Test Kitchen (Woodstock)
- Thali (Gardens)
- Wolfgat (Paternoster)