MICHELIN GUIDE TO SWITZERLAND 2018 – THE NEW STARS
The Michelin Guide to Switzerland 2018 has been released and it includes two new, two-star restaurants.
The first, Einstein Gourmet in St. Gallen, is an avant-garde French spot with views over the city, while the second, Taverne zum Schäfli in Wigoltingen, is more of a classic affair. Both move up from one star; plus there are 19 new one star restaurants this year.
The country's trio of three star restaurants – Cheval Blanc (Basel), Schloss–Schauenstein (Fürstenau) and Restaurant de l'Hôtel de Ville (Crissier) – remains unchanged. Switzerland now has a total of 118 starred restaurants.
Check out all the new stars below and see the full list, including all additions and deletions, here.
SEE MORE MICHELIN GUIDE NEWS
NEW TWO STAR RESTAURANTS
- Einstein Gourmet (Saint Gallen)
- Restaurant Taverne zum Schäfli (Wigoltingen)
NEW ONE STAR RESTAURANTS
- The Chedi-The Japanese Restaurant (Andermatt)
- Locanda Barbarossa (Ascona)
- Apriori (Bubikon)
- Tosca (Genf)
- La Chaumière by Serge Labrosse – La Table du 7 (Genf/Troinex)
- Stiva Veglia (Ilanz/Schnaus )
- Weiss Kreuz (Malans)
- Café Berra (Monthey/Choëx)
- Regina Montium (Rigi Kaltbad)
- Die Rose (Rüschlikon)
- IGNIV by Andreas Caminada (Saint Moritz)
- Torkel (Vaduz, Liechtenstein)
- Table de Mary (Yverdon-les-Bains/Cheseaux)
- Rigiblick (Zürich)