FOOD ON THE EDGE 2017: A LOOK AT THE DISCUSSIONS TO COME
PHOTO JULIA DUNIN
Food on the Edge 2017, chef JP McMahon's annual food symposium sponsored by S.Pellegrino, returns to Galway, Ireland for a third year on 9th and 10th October, with a bumper speakers line-up featuring a host of world class chefs and big names from the food world.
The themes for the two day event are 'Action/Reaction' and 'Food Stories,' with chefs such as Magnus Nilsson, Ana Roš, Ashley Palmer-Watts and Quique Dacosta on site to share their thoughts and experiences.
There's a lot packed into the two days, but here some of the talks we're looking forward to:
– Matt Orlando of Copenhagen's Amass restaurant and a Noma-alumnus, will be discussing his belief that there is 'No Such thing as a by-product, only another product.'
– Writer and editor Kat Kinsman discussing her work with Chefs with Issues, the mental health support organisation she founded to help those in the hospitality industry get the help they desperately need.
– Pastry chef Emma Bengtsson of New York's two Michelin star Aquavit restaurant on the importance of the family meal.
– Mitch Lienhard on his experience of winning the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2016 competition.
– Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood in Napa, which is renowned for its use of local produce, on the importance of the relationship between chefs and their communities.
See the full-line up and purchase tickets here.